The Sigma 16mm 1.4 DC DN Contemporary is a high performance prime with a large aperture of F1.4 designed for APS-C Mirrorless cameras including Micro Four Thirds. The Contemporary line is part of Sigma Global Vision and is the perfect blend of image quality and compact size. The large aperture is great for lowlight and for creating depth of field and its small size makes it highly portable.
The optical design and stepping motor deliver smooth autofocus during video shooting. The lens design fully accommodates the Fast Hybrid AF of Sony E-mount cameras for super-fast autofocus functionality. Using face recognition AF results in consistent autofocusing on faces, even as the subjects move.
Like all SGV lenses, each lens is hand crafted in our single factory in Aizu Japan, individually inspected before shipping.
- Fast Hybrid AF
- Dust- and splash-proof design
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Image quality rivaling that of our Art line lenses
- Bright prime functionality to experience photography at its best
- Lens Construction: 16 Elements in 13 Groups
- Angle of View: (DC) 83.4º
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9 (Rounded)
- Minimum Aperture: f16
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 9.8 in
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Maximum Magnifications: 1: 9.9
- Dimensions (Diameter x Length): φ72.2mm×92.3mm / 2.8in. ×3.6in
- Weight: 14.3 oz
- Included accessories: Petal Type Lens Hood (LH716-01), Rear and Front Cap