A highly adjustable Gimbal Head capable of traditional gimbal action as well as controlled, fluid-like movements for both still photography and videography.
The ProMaster GH26 Gimbal Head consists of 3 parts which can quickly be separated for portability. It is constructed of lightweight aluminum that is precision machined and exceptionally strong.
Both the swing arm and the rotating base have their own separate controls for tension and also for locking (4 control points in all). This allows you to use the gimbal in a traditional fashion with loose, free motions or with smooth, fluid-like, controlled motions thanks to the tension controls. The locks allow you to lock in either or both of the movements.
A unique, smooth-control handle is included with this kit. When attached, it provides a leverage point making it easy to control the gimbal with smooth, sweeping motions. This handle is adjustable so you can set it to a desired position for best use.
Laser-etched scales can be found along the base, the upright, and the rotational portions of the GH26. These allow for consistent, repeatable setups as you exchange cameras and lenses.
The included Dovetail (Arca-type) quick release plate has both 1/4”-20 and 3/8”-16 mounting bolts and a removable spring-loaded anti-twist pin. You can use these attachment features independently or together, depending on the connection options found on your lens, camera, or video camera.
With a cold weather rating for use down to -13F / -25C, the GH26 works well in many climates (operability also depends on moisture and humidity).
- Adjustable tension controls at arm and base
- Lightweight, machined aluminum construction
- Locks at both arm and base
- Smooth-control handle achieves exceptional maneuverability
- Compatible with ProMaster dovetail or other Arca-type quick releases
- Carrying case included
- Maximum Load: 22 lbs / 10 kg
- Cold weather performance: -13 F | -25 C
- Dimensions: 7 7/8" H x 9" W x 3" D | 20 cm x 22.9 cm x 7.6 cm
- Weight: 2 lbs 6 1/8 oz | 1080 g
* Note: Dimensions and weight do not include QR plate or smooth control handle.
- One GH26 Gimbal Head
- 3398 Quick release plate
- One Smooth-control handle
- One Soft fabric carry case with shoulder strap