The foundation of this system is an entirely new lens mount, designed for optical excellence today and incredible optical potential for the future.
Get ready to capture a variety of subjects in many different environments. Versatility is key with the EOS R; a 30.3 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 8 Image Processor deliver stellar low-light performance, even in dark situations. Focus can be attained with incredible speed and accuracy thanks to Canon's proprietary Dual Pixel CMOS AF system and a maximum of 5,655 manually selectable AF points*. This system also captures smooth 4K video that's easy to share and can be enhanced in post-production thanks to the included Canon Log. The built-in, high-precision EVF and a Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD make it easy to adapt to different shooting situations. In daylight or in the dark, in the studio or on the street, the EOS R's lightweight, intuitive and durable design means strong performance and gorgeous results.
Whether capturing landscapes or wildlife, wedding portraits or dance performances, the EOS R is an advanced and impressive imaging tool that's primed to deliver the stunning photos and videos that photographers, moviemakers and any visual storytellers need to make their stories fly. Witness a new beginning with the EOS R and be the revolution.
- RF Mount Compatible with RF Lenses and EF/EF-S Lenses.
- 30.3 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5,655 Manually Selectable AF Points.
- 4K 30p with Canon Log and 10-bit 4:2:2 HDMI Output.
- Built-in EVF with 3.69 Million Dots, Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD and Dot-matrix LCD Panel.
- Sophistication in a Lightweight, Compact Size.
- Superb Control.
- Impressive Durability.
- USB Charge Compatible.
- Silent Shutter.
- Mobile Workflow.
- Type: Digital single-lens non-reflex AF/AE camera
- Sensor Type: CMOS sensor (compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF)
- Effective pixels: Approx. 30.3 Megapixels
- Image Format: Approx. 36.0 x 24.0mm
- Lens Mount: Canon RF mount
- Recording Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
- Battery: Battery Pack LP-E6N (or LP-E6) x 1
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) Approx. 5.35 x 3.87 x 3.32 in. / 135.8 x 98.3 x 84.4mm
Approx. 5.35 x 3.87 x 2.67 in. / 135.8 x 98.3 x 67.7mm (from grip to monitor)
- Weight: Approx. 1.46 lbs. / 660g (including battery, SD memory card; without body cap)
Approx. 1.28 lbs. / 580g (body only; without battery, card or body cap)
- Included accessories: Battery Pack LP-E6N, Battery Charger LC-E6, Wide Strap, Cable Protector, Interface Cable IFC-100U, Camera Cover R-F-5
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Discovering Canon’s New EOS R System
Get to know Canon’s new EOS R System that enables maximum opti...
Canon EOS R System: Introducing the EOS R Camera
Canon Technical Advisor Rudy Winston introduces the Canon EOS ...
Canon EOS R System: Intro to the EOS R System
Join Canon Technical Advisor Rudy Winston as he introduces the...