The EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens delivers a superb combination of cutting-edge performance, compact construction and brilliant resolving power that's great for sports and wildlife photography. Ruggedly constructed with advanced dust and water sealing for durability in a range of environments, the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens is a stellar performer with refined controls for a wide variety of situations.
- Compact, high performance L-series super-telephoto zoom makes it ideal for sports and wildlife photography.
- One fluorite and one super UD lens element provides excellent correction of chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom range, helping to deliver high-quality images with high resolution and contrast.
- Rotation-type zoom ring allows for more precise composition and excellent balance when handholding.
- Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms for fast and accurate autofocusing.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed steps of correction*.
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide outstanding results for a wide range of shooting situations.
- Improved zoom torque adjustment ring allows easy setting of zoom tension.
- New Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce backlit flaring and ghosting.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, and amazing durability enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces helps reduce smears and fingerprints.
- Lens hood with side window permits specialty filters to be adjusted with hood in place.
- Newly designed tripod mount can be attached or detached without removing the lens from the camera.
- Minimum focusing distance of 3.2 ft. / 0.98 m with 0.31x maximum magnification.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 100-400mm 1:4.5-5.6
- Lens Construction: 21 elements in 16 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 24°-6°10'
- Focus Adjustment : Inner focus system / USM
- Closest Focusing Distance: 3.2 ft. / 0.98m
- Zoom System: Rotation Type
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Approx: 3.7" x 7.6" / 94 x 193mm
- Weight: Approx. 3.46 lbs./1570g (without tripod mount)
Approx. 3.62 lbs./1640g (with tripod mount)