Our all-new Speedlite 470EX-AI is engineered to change the way you think about flash photography. As the world's first flash with an AI Bounce function (Auto Intelligent)*, the Speedlite 470EX-AI is equipped to detect the distance to your subject as well as the ceiling in order to calculate the ideal angle for the flash to achieve desired results, automatically. That's right, the flash head swivels in multiple directions to formulate the ideal bounce flash angle while you simply watch it work. The Speedlite 470EX-AI can even maintain defined exposure and bounce angles when you¿re alternating between horizontal and vertical compositions. In addition, it boasts a powerful maximum guide number of 47 (154 ft./47m) at ISO 100, a zooming flash head and numerous features for versatile and powerful flash photography.
- World's First Flash Equipped with an AI Bounce Function.
- AI.B Full-auto Mode and AI.B Semi-auto Mode Settings.
- Maximum Guide Number of 47 (154 ft./47m) at ISO 100.
- AF Assist Beam Emission in Low-light Scenes.
- Zoom Flash Head Range of 24–105mm**.
- Flash Exposure Adjustment Range of ±3 Stops in 1/3 or 1/2 Step.
- Broad Bounce Angle Range of 0-120° Upwards, 180° to the Left and 180° to the Right.
- Optical Receiver Mode for Off-camera Triggering.
- Charge Status Indicated in LCD Panel.
- Mini Stand and New Bounce Adapter Accessories Included.
- Compatible: Type-A EOS cameras (E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash)
With Type-B EOS cameras, only manual flash and second-curtain sync are possible.
- Guide Number: Approximately 154 ft./47m at ISO 100 and 105mm flash coverage.
- Power Source: Four AA-size/LR6 alkaline batteries
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Flash unit: Approx. 2.94 x 5.13 x 4.14 in./74.6 x 130.4 x 105.1mm
Bounce adapter: Approx. 3.08 x 2.19 x 1.58 in./78.3 x 55.7 x 40.2mm
- Weight: Flash unit (excluding batteries): Approx. 13.6 oz./385g
Bounce adapter: Approx. 0.53 oz./15g