The SMX-15 Powered Shotgun Video Microphone was engineered to produce excellent sound quality for video recorded by DSLR and other compact cameras.
The SMX-15 Powered Shotgun Video Microphone was engineered to produce excellent sound quality for video recorded by DSLR and other compact cameras. The microphone element is the same used by Azden’s professional shotgun microphones, the SGM-250 an SGM-250P, and is capable of capturing broadcast quality sound. The acoustically tuned slots of the shotgun barrel give the SMX-15 it’s super-cardioid polar pattern which allows you to focus on sound in front of the camera, while reducing capture of extraneous noise from the rest of the environment.
- Superior directionality and off-axis rejection
- Level adjustment: -10dB, 0dB, +20dB
- +20dB gain booster alleviates noise produced by low-quality camera preamps
- -10dB pad for loud sound environments
- Low-cut filter selectable at 120Hz, 3dB/octave
- Operates on (2) AA batteries with no degradation of audio quality over battery life-span
- Low noise, high sensitivity, wide frequency response
- Custom, detachable foam windscreen
- Integrated shock-absorbing shoe-mount with 1/4”-20 thread
- Battery indicator LED light
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output