Uncover exciting new photo and video opportunities with this exceptional super-telephoto zoom lens featuring Nikon's Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization for blur-free results. Optimized for compact DX-format DSLRs, the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR picks up where your 18-55mm lens leaves off to bring distant action within reach. Capture sports, wildlife, concerts, landmarks—any faraway subjects—with phenomenal clarity and precision. But this lens isn't just about getting closer. Its superb optics and telephoto field of view produce beautiful portraits with softly blurred backgrounds. Add VR image stabilization and quiet autofocus pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors), the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR is an ideal choice for video recording and stills even when handheld.
Versatile 70–300mm focal length
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR is a phenomenal second lens and picks up where your 18-55mm lens leaves off. Compact and lightweight yet with a powerful zoom, it will help bring the most distant subjects into focus. Capture stunning close-ups of sports, wildlife, concerts, school events and so much more.
Outstanding Nikon image quality
Unleash the potential of your camera's high-resolution sensor. The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED features the superb optics and advanced technology used on Nikon's high-end lenses. Your photos and videos will have rich, vibrant colors, deep contrast, minimal distortion and beautiful soft backgrounds, even in less than ideal conditions.
VR image stabilization
Nikon's Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization keeps photos sharp and videos steady when shooting handheld. It also enhances your camera's low-light capabilities, allowing you to shoot at slower shutter speeds in dim lighting. Switch between Auto Focus and Manual Focus or turn VR on and off using the camera menu. With no switches on the lens barrel, you have no chance of accidentally changing settings when you want to take the shot.
Smooth, fast autofocus
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED uses a pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors) that focuses extremely fast and is nearly silent. Bring subjects into focus instantly with absolute precision. When recording video, smoothly shift focus from subject to subject with practically no drive noise.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Focal Length Range: 70 - 300 mm
- Zoom Ratio: 4.3 x
- Maximum Aperture: f/ 4.5-6.3
- Minimum Aperture: f/ 32
- Format: DX
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 22°50'
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format): 5°20'
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.22 x
- Lens Elements: 14
- Lens Groups: 10
- Optical Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Compatible Format(s): DX
FX in DX Crop Mode
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization: Yes (Lens shift using voice coil motors (VCMs))
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Distance Information: Yes
- ED Glass Elements: 1
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
Autofocus controlled by stepping motor; separate focus ring for manual focus
- AF-P (Pulse Motor): Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m) from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Focus Mode: Auto/Manual
- G-type: Yes
- Filter Size: 58 mm
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Approx. Dimensions: (Diameter x Length) 2.8 in. (72 mm) x 4.9 in. (125 mm) distance from camera lens mount flange. Based on CIPA Guidelines
- Approx. Weight: 14.7 oz. (415 g)
- Included accessories: LC-58 58mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap, Rear Lens Cap