This compact yet powerful digital microscope is the perfect companion for up-close observation on the go.
This compact yet powerful digital microscope is the perfect companion for up-close observation on the go. The onboard 3-inch, full color TFT LCD screen flips out when you need it, then folds back into the microscope body for portability. A rechargeable lithium ion battery provides hours of viewing time in the classroom or on a nature walk. FlipView, with its 10x to 120x magnification is a low-power microscope perfectly designed for viewing an array of 3D specimens, from beach sand to bugs, coins and currency, documents, circuit boards, and more.
CAPTURE PHOTOS AND VIDEO
With its built-in 5 MP sensor, FlipView offers the best resolution you’ll find on a Celestron digital microscope. Combine that with the 5-element IR cut lens, and you’ll achieve sharp images and video of your specimens. A ring of 8 adjustable LEDs provides the perfect illumination for your shot.
Insert any Micro SD card (up to 32 GB) to save images and videos, or plug the microscope into your computer via the included USB cable and capture images using Celestron’s Portable Capture Pro software. Or stream the view from FlipView to a television or projector with the included video out cable.
3 WAYS TO OBSERVE
With one of Celestron’s most versatile designs, FlipView can be used in three configurations depending on the specimen you’re viewing:
Use it in handheld mode for quick and easy observations.
Flip out the attached leg and FlipView sits on any flat surface. Perfect for viewing flat objects like stamps, currency, and more.
For longer observing sessions of 3D objects, mount FlipView to the included metal stand via the ¼-20 connector. The stand features two articulation points and can be adjusted to point it precisely at your subject.
- Handheld digital microscope with integrated 3-inch full color TFT LCD screen that flips out and rotates 270 degrees
- Versatile ergonomic design can be used three ways: handheld, on a flat surface with flip out leg, or with the included metal stand and ¼-20 connection
- 5 MP sensor and 5-element IR cut lens configuration captures high definition images and video
- 10x to 120x magnification (up to 300x on PC)
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Magnification Range: 10x-300x (1200x with 4x digital zoom)
- Sensor: 5MP CMOS 1/3.2”
- LCD screen: 3.0” Full color TRF screen (hinges in both X (90°) and Y (270ۥ) axis)
- Lens: 5 element IR Cut (Infrared reducing) high quality glass lens, EFL (Effective Focal Length) : 15.8mm, image distortion: 0.10%, FOV: 13.0°
- Focuser Range: Manual focus from 10mm to infinity
- Illumination: 8 adjustable white LEDs in ring configuration
- Shutter trigger: On housing (and through software interface when using through PC option)
- Flicker Control: 50Hz/60Hz
- Still Image Resolution: 5MP, 3MP, 1.3MP, VGA (12MP interpolation)
- Video Capture Resolution: VGA, 30fps
- Video Compression Format: MJPEG
- Video Output: AV Out (cable included)
- PC connection Interface: 2.0 USB
- OS systems supported: -Windows: XP/Vista/7/8 - Mac:OSX 10.6 – 10.9
- Memory: Micro SD card slot (supports up to 32G)
- Power: -Internal Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery (1050 mAh) -AC Adapter Universal Input 100 to 240 Volt 50/60HZ (US Version only)
- Measuring Software -Measuring software through Celestron, Micro Capture Pro- with note taking capabilities. Calibration tool included.
- Software languages supported: English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese
- Microscope Dimensions: 4.625” x 2.50” x 4.25” (117.5mm x 63.5mm x 108mm)
- Stand Dimensions: 3.0” x1.75” x 2.75” (76.2mm x 44.5mm x 70mm)
- Microscope Weight: 7.4 Oz/ 212g
- Microscope and Stand Weight: 11.2 oz./ 317g
- Included accessories: Articulating Metal stand, lens/screen cleaning cloth, USB cable, Mini USB cable, AV Out cable, CD with Celestron Micro Capture Pro software, Draw string carry bag, AC Adapter plug, quick setup guide